Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Updates

I've put off writing for so long.

Here are some things that have happened.

On the guzheng


I learned and finished 雪山春晓 (Spring Morning on a Snowy Mountain).

I even finished 春到湘江 (The Arrival of Spring on Xiang River). It is a long, long, long way from being perfected, but this is the hard piece I said it'd take me forever to actually play here.

I got together with my groupmates last December (2017) and we even played some songs together; it was a dream come true. We were even going to play one piece at a performance but it fizzled out and never happened.

I was invited to play (solo) at some local community events. The first one is in one and a half weeks and it'll be my first time playing in front of an audience for over a decade.

On life


My good friend and former roommate passed away. This was the largest event of 2018 for me, and really cemented it in being pretty awful. I still think about her all the time. I might write more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment